Deezer Elite is a high fidelity audio service available exclusively to Sonos users worldwide. It uses Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) to deliver the best possible audio experience.
Sounds great, anything else I should know?
- A Sonos device is required to get the highest quality FLAC streaming, but if you have an Elite account you can also enjoy Deezer Premium+ on any of your devices.
- You’ll need a minimum broadband speed of 5 Mbps
How to get started?
- If you don’t have a Deezer account, you’ll need to create one
- Once you’ve created your account, you can sign up to Deezer Elite via our website
- Follow the instructions to create your account
Next, you need to link your Sonos device to your Deezer Elite account
- If you don’t already have it, download the Sonos controller app
- In the Sonos controller app
- Add Music Services
- Select Deezer
- Select “I already have an account” and enter your Deezer login details
Frequently asked questions
What’s the difference between Premium+ and Elite?
Premium+ allows you to listen to unlimited music without ads or interruptions and download music. Deezer Elite is a Premium+ subscription that also allows you to listen to your music in exceptional FLAC quality when you’re using a Sonos system. You can only get an Elite account when you own a Sonos system.
Can I get Elite without Sonos?
No, Deezer Elite is exclusive to Sonos users.
What is FLAC Quality?
Streaming usually compresses music a little to save you data, but hi def audio plays at CD-quality. High definition audio is music encoded in FLAC (16-bit, 1,411Kbps).
What is the minimum broadband speed I need to be able to stream FLAC in Sonos?
A minimum broadband speed of 5 Mbs is required to stream FLAC from Deezer on Sonos. If streaming to multiple speakers, we recommend a higher broadband speed.
- 0 Mbs - 1 FLAC stream
- 5 Mbs - 2 FLAC streams
- 10 Mbs - 3 or more FLAC streams
How can I tell if the track I'm streaming is in high definition audio (FLAC)?
Select Info & Options > Track Format. You’ll see the format here (FLAC or MP3).
Can I test Elite?
Will I lose my playlists or favorites when upgrading to Elite?
No, you’ll keep all your playlists and favourites.
Can I have multiple profiles with Elite just like I do with Family?
Elite only provides you with a single profile, the same as Premium+, if you’re looking for a multi profile streaming service, check out our Deezer Family* offer!
*Please note Deezer Family is not yet fully supported on Sonos devices.