With Deezer on Google Home, you can ask your voice assistant to play your Flow, a specific song, genre of music, playlist or album. In the sections below, we outline the basic voice commands and what else you can ask your Google Home. Deezer HiFi users and audiophiles can enjoy FLAC quality streams with Google HiFi speakers and other compatible devices.
Note: At this time, Deezer Free is not supported with voice commands on Google Home.
How to use voice commands on Google Home
When using Google Home, it’s important to start your commands with “Ok Google” and, if Deezer is not your default music service, you should end every command with “on Deezer."
- "Ok Google, play my Flow on Deezer”
- “Ok Google, play My music on Deezer”
- “Ok Google, (Deezer Editor's Playlist) music on Deezer”
- ”Ok Google, play (name of your playlist) on Deezer”
- “Ok Google, play (artist name) on Deezer”
- Ok Google, play (name of album or song) on Deezer”
- “Ok Google, (genre name) music on Deezer”
You can also ask Google to play music according to your mood for example, “Ok Google, play something happy.”
What else can I ask?
You can ask Google to do a lot more, like tell you what song is playing, skip to the next track or even adjust the volume using these commands:
- “Ok Google, next song”
- “Ok Google, skip forward (X) secs”
- “Ok Google, shuffle”
- “Ok Google play this song again”
- “Ok Google, repeat this song”
- “Ok Google, who is playing?”
- “Ok Google, I like/dislike this song”
- “Ok Google, set volume to 5”
- “Ok Google, set volume to 40%.”
Note: You can also set and manage your media settings in select countries in English only. To learn more and check country availability please visit Google’s support page.
Is Google voice assistant supported through mobile and tablet?
Google Voice Assistant is supported on mobile and tablet, but the functionality and voice commands differ across compatible devices.
For full voice assistance (i.e shuffle mode, accessing playlists and playing your favorite songs), you’ll need to use Google Assistant on a Google Home or any other Smart Speaker working with Google Assistant. You can view compatible devices here.
Need more help?
For further voice commands or troubleshooting tips, visit the Google Home support site.