Jump to section:
- How to browse the audiobook catalogue
- How to search for an audiobook
- How to search for an audiobook using bookcatcher
- How to view your favorite audiobooks and downloaded audiobooks
- How to favorite an audiobook
- How to download an audiobook
- How to remove a downloaded audiobook
- How to activate Kid mode
- How to activate the sleep timer
- How to speed up your audiobook
- Still need help?
Audiobooks by Deezer is our standalone app for booklovers that allows you to enjoy the audiobook experience separately from your music. There are thousands of audiobooks to listen to and enhanced accessibility features.
- A dedicated space for storytelling
- A comprehensive catalogue of audiobooks with children's titles
- The ability to download your favorite audiobooks to save on your data whilst you’re out and about
Note: At the moment, Audiobooks by Deezer is only available to Deezer subscribers in Germany
- You'll need to be subscribed to a Deezer plan
Note: Deezer Free users will not be able to use the app
- You'll need an Android mobile or tablet that is running Android 5.0 or above or an iOS mobile or tablet running iOS 12.0 or above
Note: You can still search and enjoy audiobooks on the Deezer app in select countries
How to browse the audiobook catalogue
Go to Explore to browse Deezer's audiobook catalogue. Our audiobooks are broken up into categories to make it easier for you to find what you want. This includes Our selection, Genres (where you can find audiobooks in several languages including English, French, Spanish and Italian), New releases, Top charts, By duration, By mood, Kids and many more.
Tip: The You know their voices category allows you to listen to your favorite audiobooks spoken by famous characters and voices, including Jack Sparrow, and the Series & audiodramas category is perfect for those stories that span several portions
When browsing for audiobooks, you'll be able to view a short description, but if you'd like to see more information, including the author, duration and date of publication, or you want to listen to it, simply select the audiobook.
Note: To view the different chapters of any title, scroll down to Chapters or simply select the CHAPTERS button from any audiobook that is currently playing
How to Search for an audiobook
- Go to Search
- In the search bar, enter the name of an audiobook or author
Note: Ensure that you have entered the exact name without any spelling mistakes
- Select a filter to filter your results
Note: By default, the audiobooks are sorted by release date (the most recent to oldest). The three available filters are: From A to Z, Most recent and Duration
How to Search for an audiobook using bookcatcher
This is the quick and easy way to find the audiobook for your favorite books at home. Just scan it with your camera!
- Go to Search
- Select Scan a book under the search bar
- If this is the first time using the app, select Allow to enable us to use your camera
- Use your camera to scan a book
Tip: Make sure that the book is steady and that the camera is capturing the whole of it
Note: If we cannot find the audiobook for your book, a message will be displayed
How to view my favorite audiobooks and downloaded audiobooks
- Go to My audiobooks
- From here, you can view:
- Downloaded: titles which can be enjoyed offline and reduce data consumption on your network
- Favorite audiobooks: titles you've favorited by selecting the heart
- Favorite authors: authors you've favorited by selecting the heart
- Completed: audiobooks you've finished listening to in the app
- In progress: audiobooks you're currently listening to and remaining time (content is ordered according to last listened)
Note: When you close an audiobook or chapter, your progress is automatically saved in the In progress section. All My audiobooks information is only saved to the device you're currently using. We are working on allowing you to see all the My Audiobooks information from any device you log in to Audiobooks by Deezer with.
How to favorite an audiobook
Save your favorite audiobooks so that you can listen to them again.
- Select an audiobook
- In the book details, select the heart icon
Tip: Favorited audiobooks can be viewed in My Audiobooks, under Favorite audiobooks. Favorited audiobooks are only saved to the device you're currently using. We are working on allowing you to see all of your favorite audiobooks from any device you log in to Audiobooks by Deezer with.
How to download an audiobook
You can save data by downloading audiobooks. You can then listen to them without an internet connection when you're out and about.
- Select an audiobook
- In the book details, select the DOWNLOAD slider
Alternatively, select on an audiobook that you're currently listening to
Tip: Downloaded audiobooks can be viewed in My Audiobooks, under Downloaded
Note: If you go to My audiobooks and then Settings, in Data and storage, you have the option to Download with mobile data. Be careful if you activate this as your mobile data allowance will be affected when you are away from WiFi. Downloaded audiobooks are only saved to the device you're currently using
How to remove a downloaded audiobook
- Go to My audiobooks
- Select Downloaded
- Swipe left on the audiobook you want to delete
Warning: This is irreversible. You will need to re-download the audiobook if you accidentally delete it
How to activate Kid mode
Activating kid mode, allows you and your family to access kid and teen friendly content.
- Select Settings
- Select the Kid mode slider
Warning: Kid mode is only available to iOS users
Note: When Kid mode is active, the search tab is removed to limit access to the catalogue
How to active the sleep timer
- When listening to an audiobook, select the sleep timer
- Select your desired duration
Note: When set, the sleep timer icon will change to white
How to speed up your audiobook
Sometimes, changing the speed of an audiobook can help you better understand the content! You can change the speed by following the instructions below:
- When listening to an audiobook, select the speed option x 1
- Select your desired speed
Note: This setting is only available on Android devices. It is saved by audiobook, so you don't need to change it each time you resume listening
Still need help?
If you would like a title or series to be added to the catalogue, please contact Deezer Support. You can also check out our Community page for topics and issues related to Audiobooks by Deezer, or see our FAQs section at the top of this article for more help and information.
Jump to the top and click the FAQs tab to view our mostly frequently asked questions about this topic
In My audiobooks, You can go to Downloaded to see all the audiobooks that you have downloaded. Just select one to start listening to it.