Jump to section:
Music brings people together and experiencing it with friends elevates shared moments with loved ones. But it isn’t always easy to get the vibe right — people have different tastes, their music libraries are separated on different platforms and crafting the ideal soundtrack takes time and energy. That's why we created Shaker!
Shaker also comes with the additional benefit of allowing you and your friends to play tracks from your Shaker group from any streaming platform. We understand that everyone has app preferences, so if your friends are using a different music app they can listen to your group's content wherever they choose, and you can still invite them to your Shaker group and import their music from different platforms easily and quickly.
How to access Shaker
There are three ways you can access Shaker from within your app or on the web.From inside the Deezer application:
- From the Home tab, select Go beyond streaming and select Shaker
- From Explore, scroll to the top module on this tab, where we gather all our Experiences and navigate to Shaker
On the web:
- Go to shaker.deezer.com to access Shaker on the web
How to create a group
To start creating your playlist, you will need to create a group first. To do so;
- Navigate to Shaker
- Select Create a group
- Choose a name for your group
- Select Share link to invite your friends
Once you have created your group, it will automatically appear within your Shaker group page and a mix will automatically be generated using all group members libraries, trying to identify and highlight musical compatibilities.
Note:A group can have up to 15 members, so you can invite up to 14 of your friends!
How to add tracks to the group playlist
Once a group is created and includes a minimum of one additional member, a mix will automatically generate using a selection of group members libraries. You can also create a shared playlist. To do this;
- Select the group you wish to add tracks to
- Select Add tracks to begin curating your playlist
For more information about the different features of your group playlists, click to read Mix, Fun facts or Playlist Tab.
How to use Shaker as a non-Deezer user
If you are new to Shaker, and this is the first time you have been invited by a friend to collaborate on a Shaker group, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the link received from your friend to join their Shaker group OR go to shaker.deezer.com
- Follow the steps to create your Shaker profile
- You will be asked to import your existing music library from another streaming platform. To do this, you will need to connect to the respective platform before the import can begin
- Once the import has begun, it will complete in the background. In the meantime, you can enjoy the mix, discover sharable fun insights such as compatibility scores between you and your friends, as well as being able to invite more people to enjoy the Shaker experience!
Note: For a list of recognized streaming platforms, click here
Once you and your friends are collaborating your music together, a unique mix curated by Shaker will be available to listen to. A mix is a selection of your group's favorite tracks, which can be played across alternative streaming platform if preferred (Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube Music). You can also choose mixes that are mood specific, such as Party and Chill playlists!
Fun facts Tab
The Fun facts tab will display the musical compatibility between you and your friends based on your shared favorites, given as a percentage. Viewing a friend’s profile in this section will open up a personalized compatibility score and will present tracks and artists recommended to you based on your shared favorites. The stats tab also displays daily Fun facts that offer facts about your group's musical tastes!
A playlist is where you and your friends can add specific tracks to listen to together, across preferred alternate platforms if required (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music). These tracks can be from you or your friends' Deezer libraries, tracks that you can select from the curated chart lists, and tracks that are suggested to you by Deezer based on you and your friends' favorite tracks.
Jump to the top and click the FAQs tab to view our mostly frequently asked questions about this topic
Once a group is created, up to 14 other people can join, so invite away!