Jump to section:
With your Apple Watch, you can control your iOS device and the Deezer app! You can listen to your favorite tracks, editorial playlists, and personal playlists. With Share options, Flow, and improved speed, the Deezer app is easier than ever to navigate on your Apple Watch!
Note: Deezer on Apple Watch is an extension app and requires pairing with an iPhone via Bluetooth
To use Deezer on your Apple watch, you must:
- Have the Deezer app downloaded for your iOS device
- Have Bluetooth enabled and your iOS device paired with your Apple Watch
Note: Deezer Free users will have the download feature blocked
How to download music on your Apple Watch
You can download all your Deezer playlist content on your Apple Watch. This includes your Favorites, editorial playlists, and any personal playlists you've created.
Note: To download music to your Apple Watch, you'll need to use your mobile network or be on the same network as your watch.
- If your phone is nearby, your phone's network will automatically handle the download and transfer the data to your watch via Bluetooth or WiFi
- If your phone is not nearby, in airplane mode, or turned off, the watch will only be able to handle the download if it is directly connected to the WiFi
Note: Depending on the space available and your Apple Watch model, you are able to download several gigabytes of data
How to get Deezer on your Apple Watch
Deezer on Apple Watch is an extension app and requires pairing with a compatible iOS device.
- Set up your Apple Watch and pair it with your iOS device
- On your iOS device, open the Apple Watch app and select the My Watch tab.
- Apps that you can install will appear in the Available Apps section. Scroll down to the Deezer app and select Install
Tip: On Apple Watch, make sure Show App is turned on
How to use Deezer on your Apple Watch
To navigate and select options, you can use the Apple Watch's touchscreen or its Digital Crown. From the app homepage, you can access the following:
- Offline mode: Access your Downloaded music, including Favorite Tracks, Playlists, and editorial playlists
Flow: This tool plays your favorites and recommends songs that we think you'll love based on the songs that you've liked
Tip: You can learn about Flow here
- Favorites: See your library of content and add tracks to it with the Add Favorites button
How to browse and play music on your Apple Watch
When browsing playlists, the most recently updated playlists will appear at the top.
Note: Your playlists will be sorted according to your previous sorting option. For example, in manual order, A-Z, or by recently added songs.
To begin music playback, choose a playlist or album and select on a song to begin. You can adjust the volume level using the Apple Watch's Digital Crown.
Note: You can also select the Dislike button to skip tracks and help Flow understand your music taste better
How to shuffle songs
To shuffle all the songs in your music library, go to Favorites and then select the Shuffle icon.
To shuffle just the songs in a playlist, select the playlist you desire and then select the Shuffle icon.
Deezer values your feedback. Join the conversation at Deezer Community.
Want more insight to the topics explored in this article? Find out more at Our brand new Apple Watch app is here!
Yes, downloaded content can be listened to without any network connection or your phone.