This article explains what to do if you have attempted to pay for a Deezer subscription and your payment has been refused.
Important: If you are an existing Deezer Premium subscriber who has signed up via one of our partners (e.g. your mobile provider or Apple’s App Store), you will need to contact that company to resolve any payment issues.
Paying for a new Deezer subscription
We only accept payment methods coming from the country of the offer you want to subscribe to
Please use a payment method that matches your country (e.g. you cannot use a Brazilian credit card if you are in Mexico, attempting to start a Mexican Deezer subscription).
This also applies if your Deezer subscription has lapsed and you’re re-subscribing.
Note: this also applies to Deezer gift cards.
Has your card expired or been made invalid?
Please check with your bank or credit card company if your card has expired or been locked. Once you have resolved your problem, you can try subscribing with new details.
Have you entered your details correctly?
Please check you have entered your card details correctly, including the 3-digit CVV/CVC security code.
Is your card able to make overseas, online and recurring transactions?
Please check with your bank or credit card provider.
Is your account overdrawn?
Please check you have sufficient funds in your bank account to pay your Deezer subscription.
Still having payment problems?
If you’ve read the above information, tried to solve your issue, but are still having trouble, please:
- Try again in a few days: connection issues can cause transactions to fail from time to time. It can be worth waiting a day or two, then trying again
- Try a different payment method: see all our supported payment methods, and try switching to an alternative. You may also want to try using a different secure web browser and/or using an incognito window to sign up
- Payment issues with our system: In the event that there is a payment issue affecting many of our customers, you will find information on our News & Announcements
Paying for an existing Deezer subscription
Update your payment details
It may be that your card has expired or there’s an error with your payment method. We recommend you first try changing your payment method. Please check you’ve entered your payment details correctly.
Contact your bank or credit card provider
If there is an issue with you account (e.g. locked), please contact your bank or credit card provider to resolve the issue.
Try a different payment method
There are several ways to pay for your Deezer subscription. You can see all our supported payment methods here. Try switching to an alternative.
Already benefited from a special offer or trial
In the event that you are attempting to sign up for a special offer or trial, you will be presented with a notification saying: “You have already benefited from a Deezer special offer or trial. You can still subscribe to the Deezer standard plans.”
Restart your subscription
For some payment issues for existing subscribers, it is sometimes necessary for you to cancel your subscription and re-subscribe.
- First, cancel your subscription
- Wait for your Deezer account to revert to Deezer Free. Don’t worry, all your playlists and Favorites will still be there. But you will need to re-download your any tracks to your devices when you re-subscribe
- While you’re logged into your Deezer account, re-subscribe through our Offers page
Still having problems?
If you’re still having problems, contact us and our support team will be happy to assist you.