Whether your subscription has lapsed and you're re-subscribing or you're opening an account for the first time, here's our payment checklist of the most common reasons a payment fails and what you can do to fix it.
Note: If you're subscribed though your mobile provider or Apple's App Store, you'll need to contact your third-party provider.
Before contacting us about a failed payment, we recommend checking that:
- ✅ Your card has NOT expired, been made invalid or locked by your bank
- ✅ You have sufficient funds and are not overdrawn
- ✅ Your payment method matches the country of your subscription
- ✅ You've entered the 3-digit CVV/CVC security code correctly
- ✅ Your card can make overseas, online and recurring transactions
- ✅ You are using a secure web browser
- ✅ You meet the requirements for a trial or promotion and have not previously subscribed*
*You may NOT be eligible to an offer if you have previously subscribed to a trial or promotion. However, you can still subscribe to the Deezer standard plans.
What to do if your payment keeps failing
If you've read the above information, tried to solve your issue, but are still having trouble, try making the transaction again in a few days with a different supported payment method. We also recommend using a PC or desktop device with a secure web browser. Please see our article on how to manage payments for more information.
In some rare cases, it could be a payment issue affecting Deezer customers. Please check out News & Announcements for our latest updates.
How to restart your subscription
For some payment issues for existing subscribers, it is sometimes necessary for you to cancel your subscription and re-subscribe.
- First, cancel your subscription
- Wait for your Deezer account to revert to Deezer Free. Don't worry, all your playlists and Favorites will still be there, but you'll need to re-download any tracks to your devices when you re-subscribe.
- While you're logged into your Deezer account, re-subscribe through our Offers page
Need further help?
If you're still having problems, contact us and our support team will be happy to assist you.