In this article, we outline the steps to accepting an invite to join a Deezer Family plan as an Independent account with your own log-in credentials and some of the different scenarios you might encounter.
Requirements to join
- You'll need a Deezer Free account, but don't worry if you don't have one, you'll be able to create one
- If you already have a Deezer account, you must be subscribed to a Deezer Free or Mobile Trial (15 days trial with no payment method registered)
- If you are a paid subscriber (i.e. Deezer Student, Deezer Premium, etc.) you'll need to cancel your existing plan first, before you can join
- The Admin account and all Family members, including Independent accounts must be from the same country
"Can existing Deezer Family Profiles join?"
Yes, existing Deezer Family Profiles can become Independent accounts with their own log-in credentials.
Before they rejoin, they will need to:
- Create a new Deezer Free account
- Transfer their playlists from their existing Profile to their new account
- Ask the Admin to send an invite link
- Once the invite journey is complete, the Admin can delete the Profile
Accepting an invite to join a Deezer Family plan
- You should receive an invite link from the Admin (by email, WhatsApp , Messenger or SMS)
- When you open the link, you will be greeted with a message informing you have been invited to join a Deezer Family plan
- Select ACCEPT INVITE
- Use your credentials to Log in or Sign-up to create an account, if you don't have a Deezer account already
- A message asking, "Is this your account?" will appear
- Select YES IT'S MY ACCOUNT or CHANGE ACCOUNT
- Once you've successfully added your account as an Independent account, a "Welcome to the family" message will appear
- Select START STREAMING NOW to discover playlists, favorites, Flow and more
"Oops! This link is no longer valid"
Invites expire after 30 days. Ask the Admin to resend the invite.
"This Deezer Family plan has reached the maximum member limit"
A maximum of 5 Family members can be added to a Deezer Family plan, on top of the Admin (subscriber). Please ask the Admin to delete or remove Family members and resend you the invite. If this is not possible, you may want to consider registering for one of our Deezer plans
"Oops! The Admin is from a different country"
The Deezer Family plan you are trying to join is not based in the same country as you, so you cannot complete the journey.
"You need to be a Deezer Free user to join a Deezer Family plan"
You'll need to cancel your existing plan first, before you can join. Don't worry, you'll keep all your favorites and playlists.