In this article, we outline how to join a Deezer Family or Deezer Trio plan as an Independent account with your own log-in credentials. We also cover some of the different scenarios you might encounter, whether you're a new user, an existing subscriber or you want to convert your Profile into an Independent account.
Requirements to join
Please ensure that the Admin account and all members, including Independent accounts, are in the same country.
New & existing subscribers
- If you already have a Deezer account, you must be subscribed to a Deezer Free account
- If you're an existing paid subscriber, you will need to cancel your existing plan first, before you can join as an Independent account
If you meet the requirements above, follow the steps in Section I to join as an Independent account.
See Section II for troubleshooting tips.
- If you already have a Profile with a Deezer Family or Deezer Trio plan, you can now convert your profile into an Independent account with Deezer's Profile Migration feature
- You'll need access to a computer, as the feature is only available on web at the moment
- To convert your Profile into an Independent account, you'll also need a Google or Facebook account
If you meet these requirements, follow the steps in Section III. to convert to an Independent account.
Section I. Accepting an invite to join a Deezer Family or Deezer Trio plan
- You should receive an invite link from the Admin (by email, WhatsApp , Facebook Messenger or SMS)
- When you open the link, you will be greeted with a message informing you have been invited to join a Deezer Family or Deezer Trio plan
- Select ACCEPT INVITE
- Use your credentials to Log in or Sign-up to create an account, if you don't have a Deezer account already
- A message asking, “Is this your account?” will appear
- Select YES IT'S MY ACCOUNT or CHANGE ACCOUNT
- Once you've successfully added your account as an Independent account, a “Welcome” message will appear
- Select START STREAMING to discover playlists, favorites, Flow and more
Section II. Troubleshooting
Occasionally, you might see one of the following error messages displayed on your device when joining as an Independent account.
"Oops! This link is no longer valid"
Invites expire after 30 days. Ask the Admin to resend the invite.
"This Deezer Family/Trio plan has reached the maximum member limit"
A maximum of 5 members can be added to a Deezer Family plan and a maximum of 2
members can be added to a Deezer Trio plan, on top of the Admin (subscriber). Please ask the Admin to delete or remove members and resend you the invite. If this is not possible, you may want to consider registering for one of our Deezer plans.
"Oops! The Admin is from a different country"
The plan you are trying to join is not based in the same country as you, so you cannot complete the journey.
"You need to be a Deezer Free user to join a Deezer Family/Trio plan"
You'll need to cancel your existing plan first, before you can join. Don't worry, you'll keep all your favorites and playlists.
Section III. Converting an existing Profile into an Independent account
- Log in to deezer.com with the Admin credentials and select the Profile you want to convert
- Alternatively, if you're already logged in, click on the profile image and select members, choosing the Profile you want to convert
- Next, go to Account Settings (click on profile image for a drop-down menu)
- On the My Information tab, you will find an option to Set as independent account
- Choose whether you would like to connect with Facebook or connect with Google
- Enter your Facebook or Google password (if you’re already logged in, it may not be necessary to enter your password)
- Once linked, you'll automatically be logged out from the Admin account and logged into your Independent account on web
- Remember to log out and log back in again on all devices with your Facebook or Google credentials
Note: If the email attached to the Facebook or Google account is already used, an error message will be displayed and you’ll need to delete the existing Deezer account associated with this email or enter a different email