Deezer HiFi is a high fidelity audio service available to users all around the world. It uses Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) to deliver the best possible audio experience. Sounds amazing, right?
What do you need to use HiFi?
To get FLAC quality streaming, you need a supported HiFi device. If you’re using Deezer without a HiFi supported device, you’ll get Premium+ audio quality.
Supported Devices include:
- Bang & Olufsen
- Any Mac or Windows computer running the Deezer Desktop app
What about broadband speed?
You’ll need a minimum broadband speed of 5 Mb/s.
- 0 Mb/s - 1 FLAC stream
And if you have more than one HiFi device in the house, this is what you’ll need:
- 5 Mb/s - 2 FLAC streams
- 10 Mb/s - 3 or more FLAC streams
So basically, the higher your broadband speed, the more FLAC streams.
Got that? Let’s get you started
- If you don’t have a Deezer account, you’ll need to create one
- Once you’ve created your account, you can sign up to Deezer HiFi
- Add Deezer as a Music Service to your device
Depending on the device you are using, there will be helpful Setup pages on their websites.
Or if you have a new HiFi device
- Download the HiFi device app e.g Sonos
- Touch the three line menu
- Tap Deezer
- Start listening through your HiFi device