Expand your music collection this semester. With Deezer Student, you get all the benefits of Deezer Premium for half the price of a full year.
- Who can subscribe to Deezer Student?
- Sign up to Deezer Student
- Switching to Deezer Student
- Why can't I subscribe to Deezer Student?
- Deezer Student FAQ
- A full year of Deezer Premium for half the standard price
- Enjoy unlimited high-quality music streaming of over 53 million songs
- Experience Flow: all your favourite music, mixed with fresh recommendations and songs you forgot you loved
- No ads or interruptions
- Take your music everywhere with offline listening mode
- Use your Deezer account on any device, including phones, tablets, sound systems, TVs, game consoles, and other devices
Who can subscribe to Deezer Student?
To subscribe to Deezer Student, you must:
- Be enrolled at a college or university in an eligible country
- Be aged between 18 and 25 years old
- Not be currently paying for a Deezer subscription
- Be based in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, United Kingdom, or United States
At the end of the first 12 months, qualifying students can renew their account up to three times (that’s a total of four years).
Sign up to Deezer Student
Before attempting to sign up, please make sure you have read our requirements above.
- Visit our Offers page to sign up for Deezer Student
- Enter your details to create an account (for help, see Creating a Deezer account), or Log in if you are a Deezer Free user
- Finally, to verify that you are a student, you will be referred to our partner, SheerID. On SheerID’s website, enter details about you and your college/university, and you will then be asked to:
- Connect to your University Online Services
- Or provide your full name, the name of your college/university and one of the following documents: a school certificate, a student ID card scan, a transcript, or a registration/tuition receipt
Can’t find your college/university? Click here to add your place of study.
Once you have submitted your details and any documents, we will review your registration and send you an email in next three days. If you don’t receive an email, don’t forget to check your junk/spam folder.
- If your college or university is not listed on SheerID’s system, then you can submit a request to add your place of study here
- Important note about cancellation: if you decide to cancel your Deezer Student subscription, you cannot re-subscribe to Deezer Student until the 12-month subscription period ends
- You cannot pay for Deezer Student using a Deezer gift card
- No other promotions or discounts may be applied in conjunction with this offer
Switching to Deezer Student
If you are a qualifying student who currently subscribes to Deezer Premium (or any of our other paid subscriptions), it is possible for you to switch to Deezer Student.
- Before you change anything, be sure to check that you qualify for Deezer Student (see Who can subscribe to Deezer Student?)
- To subscribe, you must first cancel your existing subscription
- Then re-subscribe through our Deezer Student registration page
Customers who pay for Deezer through another service provider can also switch to Deezer Student, but you must first cancel your existing subscription through your service provider. These instances include:
- Your subscription is run through your mobile phone provider
- You pay for your Deezer subscription via your Apple (iTunes) account
Why can't I subscribe to Deezer Student?
There are some instances where you may not be able to subscribe to this offer.
- You previously subscribed to the Deezer Student, but cancelled
- You have already subscribed to an existing promotional offer from Deezer
Deezer Student FAQ
Why do I have to verify my student status?
If we are unable to verify whether you are a qualifying student, we won’t be able to offer you the student discount.
My college/university is not listed on your system. Can you help me?
If your college or university is not listed on SheerID’s system, then you can submit a request to add your place of study here.
It takes a minimum of 30 days for university addition requests to be reviewed. Schools submitted are not guaranteed to be added, but all requests are researched and considered.
How many times can I renew my Deezer Student discount?
At the end of the first 12 months, qualifying students can renew their account up to three times. That’s a total of four years at the discount price.
Can I transfer my student discount to another account or subscription?
No. Qualifying students may register only one account with a Deezer Student subscription at a time. The discount period lasts for the full 12 months from your start date – even if you cancel your subscription or delete your account.
If you wish to use your Deezer Student subscription on another account, you must wait until your 12-month subscription period has elapsed on your current account.
I have cancelled my Deezer Student subscription. Can I resubscribe?
No. The Deezer Student discount period lasts for the full 12 months from your start date – even if you cancel your subscription or delete your account.
If you have cancelled, you must wait until your 12-month subscription period has elapsed before you can re-apply. (For example: if your subscription began in September 2018 and you cancelled in December 2018, you will not be able to re-subscribe until the following September.)
I’m studying abroad. Can I qualify for Deezer Student?
Yes, you can. If you’re enrolled at a higher education institution (that issues degrees) in one of our eligible countries, you can qualify for this offer.
I’m over 25 years old and I’m a student. Why is this offer closed to me?
Our student discount is open to students aged 18 to 25 in selected countries. Deezer understands that many people continue studying beyond this age bracket, but, in accordance with our licensing conditions, we are not able to extend this offer at this time.