Jump to section:
Deezer Free is designed to give you control over your listening, enhancing the free experience. You'll benefit from a customized experience from the moment you sign up.
You can pick and play any song on select personalized playlists, your Daily playlist and a selection of Editorial playlists.
Note: This page describes the Deezer Free mobile experience. Deezer Free web users can select the individual songs they want to listen to, with skip limits in place for certain content
Note: Deezer Free web users in the US will only be allowed to play a 30 second preview for individual songs
Explore a rich catalogue of 90+ million songs with Deezer Free. The platform is 100% free, powered by ads to support the artists and content you love. You'll find everything from global hits to local music, podcasts and radio.
Here are some of the perks of a Deezer Free subscription:
- Personalized recommendations in your Made for you section
- Songcatcher , the listening tool that helps you capture and save your favorite tunes
- Unlimited skips on a number of Daily playlists
- Unlimited skips on a personalized selection of Editorial playlists
- Shuffle the top songs of an artist when you select and play them
Note: Selecting individual songs from an artist page will play a 30 second preview
- Deezer's Lyrics , the feature that allows you to play and share lyrics with friends and family
- Flow , the infinite self-learning feature that plays and recommends songs based on your listening preferences
- Flow Moods , an extension of Flow that allows you to pick a particular mood which then creates an infinite playlist based on that mood
Note: Choose between You & Me (Romantic), Motivation, Chill, Melancholy, Focus, and Party
Tip: You can also explore thousands of podcasts, radio stations and much more on the Podcasts tab or by selecting the radio icon in select countries
With Deezer Free you'll benefit from cross-device listening, so you can enjoy a seamless listening experience on:
- iOS and Android mobile & tablet devices
- Deezer desktop app, which you download here
- Deezer web player (log in to deezer.com)
- Other compatible devices
How to sign up to Deezer Free
Signing up to Deezer Free is easy. Simply create an account online or download the app to start listening to music. When you sign in for the first time, you will be asked to choose at least 3 artists for more personalized recommendations. You can select from the artists or genres displayed. Alternatively, you can search for your favorite artists.
How to switch to Deezer Free
You can switch from any plan (Deezer Premium, Deezer Family, or Deezer HiFi) to Deezer Free. All you have to do is cancel your subscription. Your account will revert to the Deezer Free service on your next billing date.
If you are currently subscribed to a Deezer Premium plan through another company (e.g. iTunes) or through one of our partners (e.g. a mobile provider), you must cancel your subscription through your provider first, then switch.
Note: Any content you've previously downloaded for offline listening will not be available
Deezer plan comparisons
Within the Deezer mobile app, on the Premium tab, you'll find a list of Deezer plans and a comparison tool that allows you to compare Deezer Free with other plans.
Tip: View our comparison article here
With our other plans, you can use your Deezer account on all your devices: mobile, sound systems, TVs and game consoles. You can also enjoy offline listening and ad-free music.
Tip: Visit the Deezer offers pages for more information
Jump to the top and click the FAQs tab to view our mostly frequently asked questions about this topic
There are several ways to improve your Deezer recommendations.
- Listen to Flow, recommendations and playlists
- Make sure you favorite tracks, albums and artists using the heart icon so that Deezer learns your listening habits
- Exclude a song or artists using the unhappy emoji when you don't like an artist or song
- Favorite more artists to give your homepage a more personalized feel