Deezer is now available on Amazon Alexa, the cloud-based voice service.
With Deezer on Amazon Alexa, you can simply say “Alexa, play…” and the name of a song or album, and Alexa will cue the music. You can play your favorites, all without lifting a finger.
You’ll need a paid subscription to Deezer to use the service with Amazon Alexa.
What you need to use Deezer with Amazon Alexa
Through March 2018, Deezer on Amazon Alexa will be available in Alexa-supported territories, including the US, UK, Germany, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
If you’re using Deezer Free, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid subscription in order to use Alexa.
Note: Not all features of paid subscriptions will be available on Amazon Alexa.
What languages does Deezer on Amazon Alexa support?
Supported languages are:
- English (Australian, Canadian, UK, US)
To use this skill in a different language, you can change the device language in your device settings. For more on Alexa’s supported languages, visit Amazon’s support page.
If you have just bought yourself a new smart speaker, you will first need to complete the initial setup steps for your new device.
Once you've set up your Alexa-enabled device, you’ll need to add the Deezer Skill.
Already set up? Check out the voice commands for Amazon Alexa here.
How to set up Deezer on Amazon Alexa
Alexa mobile app
- Download the Amazon Alexa mobile app for Android or iOS (search “Alexa app”)
- Open the app, and go to Menu > Music & Books
- Select Deezer from the list
- On the next screen, select Enable to begin the activation process
- On the login page, enter your email address and password, and then click Log in
If you do not yet have a Deezer account, you can create one here.
Alexa web app
- Go to Amazon and sign in to the Alexa web app.
- Click on Music, Video, & Books.
- Select Deezer Skill and click Link your account.
- On the login page, enter your email address and password, and then click Log in.
How to make Deezer your default music service in the Amazon Alexa app
- In the Amazon Alexa mobile app, press Home > Settings > Music & Media.
- Press Choose default music services.
- Under the Default music library section, select Deezer, and then press Done. Deezer is now your default music service.
Feature availability for Alexa with Deezer
Amazon Alexa is a powerful piece of technology with many features. Our developers are working hard to give you the best possible Deezer experience they can with Alexa. However, for the moment, a handful of features will not be available at launch or in some regions.
Features that are not currently available include:
- User-created playlists
- Logging into sub-profiles for Deezer Family users
Can you play high fidelity audio (FLAC) with Deezer on Amazon Alexa?
High fidelity audio (FLAC) streaming is currently not available for Deezer on Amazon Alexa. Audio streams for Deezer HiFi users come in MP3 (320 kbps) – same as Deezer Premium users.
What devices can you use Deezer on Amazon Alexa with?
Deezer is available on all Alexa-enabled devices.
Compatible speakers by third-party manufacturers are certified by Amazon and are called 'Alexa-enabled' devices.
Amazon Echo family
- Echo Dot
- Echo Show
- Echo Spot
- Echo Plus
Alexa-enabled speakers by third-party manufacturers include:
- Sonos One
- Ultimate Ears BLAST and MEGABLAST
- Other speakers on Amazon.com (check with the manufacturer for Alexa and Deezer support)
If you have purchased a Sonos One smart speaker, Deezer is perfect for your new Alexa-enabled device. See our support article for more on using Deezer with Sonos. And visit Sonos for more on how to set up the Sonos One with Amazon Alexa.
For more information, visit the Amazon support site.