Jump to section:
With Deezer on Google Nest Audio, you can ask your voice assistant to play your Flow, a specific song, genre of music, playlist or album. In the sections below, we outline the basic voice commands and what else you can ask your Google Nest Audio.
Note: Audiophiles can enjoy FLAC quality streams with Google HiFi speakers and other compatible devices
Note: Deezer Free does not support voice commands with Google Nest Audio
How to use voice commands on Google Nest Audio
When using Google Nest Audio, it’s important to start your commands with “Ok Google” and, if Deezer is not your default music service, you should end every command with “on Deezer". Here are some examples:
- "Ok Google, play my Flow on Deezer"
- "Ok Google, play My music on Deezer"
- "Ok Google, [Deezer Editor's Playlist] music on Deezer"
- "Ok Google, play Running playlist on Deezer"
- "Ok Google, play Cher on Deezer"
- "Ok Google, play Another One Bites The Dust oon Deezer"
- "Ok Google, play Rumours by Fleetwood Mac on Deezer"
- "Ok Google, Ska music on Deezer"
Tip: You can also ask Google to play music according to your mood. For example, "Ok Google, play something happy"
You can ask Google to do a lot more, such as telling you what song is playing, skipping to the next track or even adjusting the volume using these commands:
- "Ok Google, next song"
- "Ok Google, skip forward 10 seconds"
- "Ok Google, shuffle"
- "Ok Google, play this song again"
- "Ok Google, repeat this song"
- "Ok Google, who is playing?"
- "Ok Google, I like/dislike this song"
- "Ok Google, set volume to 5"
- "Ok Google, set volume to 40"
Note: You can also set and manage your media settings in select countries in English. To learn more and check country availability please visit Google’s support page
Still need help?
You can learn how to switch Deezer Family profiles on your Google Nest Audio device here.
Tip: For further voice commands or troubleshooting tips, visit the Google support site
Google Voice Assistant is supported on mobile and tablet, but the functionality and voice commands differ across compatible devices.
For full voice assistance, like shuffle mode, accessing playlists and playing your favorite songs, you’ll need to use Google Assistant on a Google Nest Audio or any other Smart Speaker working with Google Assistant. You can view compatible devices here.