Memory, storage and your Smart Cache settings may affect Deezer's performance on mobile. In this article, we discuss how you can improve Deezer's performance. You'll also learn how to adjust your Smart Cache settings from within the Deezer mobile app, click here for steps.
How much data do I need to install the Deezer app?
You'll need at least 1GB of data to install the Deezer app. So, if your mobile is nearly full, it's worth deleting some of your old data.
How can I free up more storage space?
- The quality of music you stream affects storage, so if you select “High Quality” on your audio settings, your Deezer files will take up more space on your device
- Learn how to free up more space for Android devices here and iOS devices here
- You can also delete your Deezer downloads
Note: If your device has a SD card, you can change the location of your storage to increase your device's capacity
How can I improve my mobile device's performance?
If you find that your mobile device is sluggish, you can also check your memory usage and kill or disable any apps that are slowing down your device's performance. Wallpapers and widgets can also affect performance. Depending on your device's manufacturer, you can run an optimization tool for Android or iOS devices.
What is Smart Cache?
Smart Cache is a temporary storage space for any tracks you've streamed from the Deezer app. This space allows Deezer to keep playing a track and the next song, even if you lose WiFi signal.
- Smart Cache is used to play a track that is not already downloaded to your device.
- Everytime you play a song, it is downloaded to your device's Smart Cache. Depending on your Smart Cache settings, the next track will also be downloaded to your device as pre-fetched content.
- When listening to a recently streamed track, if it is still in the Smart Cache, Deezer will play it directly without downloading it all over again to save data.
- Smart Cache is part of Deezer's app space. By increasing or decreasing the Smart Cache size, you can adjust the amount of storage Deezer uses on your device.
- Once full, your Smart Cache will delete older tracks.
How do you change the amount of space allocated for Smart Cache within Deezer?
- Select Settings (displayed on the top-right corner on any of your Deezer tabs)
- Select Data and storage
- Scroll again until you get to the Smart Cache section
- Move the slider until you're happy with the storage space