Here you will find some methods that should help you tune back into the beat.
If you’re having trouble playing music offline, take a look at our Offline listening support page.
If you’re having difficulties with the Deezer app and this article doesn’t solve your problem, the best place to get help, fast, is through the Deezer Community. You’ll find solutions to issues with playback problems, playlist recover, specific technical issues and other topics.
Check if it’s a connection issue
Signs that your mobile is not connected to the internet include:
- The Deezer app displays the "You're not connected to the internet" notification and/or a banner message reading "Deezer is offline"
- Nothing happens when you tap the Play button
- Tracks are greyed out
Before you do anything else, try resetting your mobile's Wi-Fi:
- Turn off the app (make sure it is off in the background too)
- Turn off your Wi-Fi
- Wait for about two minutes
- Restart your phone
- Enable Wi-Fi
- Open the app
Visit our Help with my downloads page for further assistance with listening offline.
Deezer is being slow or says your storage is full
If Deezer is being slow or says your storage is full, this is likely because the cache in the app is full. You can delete the cache, but remember it will delete your downloads, too.
To delete the app cache:
- Go to My Music
- Tap on the Settings icon
- Tap on App settings
- Scroll down to Disk Usage
- Press Clear all
For ways around this, and to make your cache size less of a problem, have a look at our Smart Cache article.
It’s not a connection issue. Deezer is still not working
When it comes to technical difficulties, the answer can be as simple as turning your phone off and on again.
Didn’t work? We’ve got a short list of fixes for the most common technical issues.
Update the app and your phone software
First, if you’re not on the latest version of the Deezer app, update it. You can see the latest update for your phone here.
And we know you’re tired of hearing about updates, but updating your phone’s operating system will help your streaming. So, if you haven’t already done so, you should also update to latest version of your phone’s operating system.
Uninstall and reinstall the Deezer app
- Delete the Deezer app from your device
- Android: touch the app and hold, then drag to uninstall
- iOS: touch the app and hold, then touch the cross that appears in the right-hand corner
For a full list of steps, see our Reinstall Deezer article.
Reset Deezer by removing your phone’s SD card (Android and Windows devices only)
Note: Before you try to remove your SD card, check your device has a removable SD card in your technical documentation or with a quick web search.
- Uninstall the Deezer App
- Turn off your device and remove your SD card
- Restart your device and reinstall the app again
- Change the storage location for downloaded content, within the Deezer App
- Navigate to My Music
- Tap on the Settings icon > App Settings
- Scroll down to Disk Usage
- Click Change Storage
Check for breaking news on our support website
Check our support feeds for service issues.