From the obscure to the cult classic, Deezer's search tool will help you explore 73+ million songs. See our top search tips and find out how to clear your search history on mobile and desktop devices.
Search on mobile and desktop
- Select the Search icon and type in the name of the track, artist, album, playlist or podcast
- Select the relevant result to listen
- Select the heart symbol next to the result to add to your favorites
Search by lyrics on deezer.com
If you can’t remember the artist or the name of the track you’re searching for, you can find songs by searching for lyrics. To use this feature:
- You’ll need to be logged in to the Deezer Desktop app or deezer.com
- To trigger the search, enter a minimum of four words from the track
- Not be searching with a kid’s profile
Advanced search tips
- You can also explore the entire Deezer music catalogue by typing in the name of an artist, album, track or #tag (#rock, #metal, #90's).
- For advanced searches, see our Deezer Community notes.
- Check out our superuser's tips on how to get the most out of Deezer.
Discover more music
While the search function is a great tool, there are times you may want more music. Get the most out of our catalogue and discover new tracks with these features:
Check out your listening history to see the songs you've recently played.
Clearing search history on the app
- Go to Search
- Select the X icon to the right of Recent searches
- A Clear button will appear
- Select it to delete all history
- Your recent searches will immediately disappear
Clearing search history on deezer.com
- Click on the Search box
- Search history will appear
- Click Clear to the right of your recent searches
- Your recent searches will disappear
Why can't I find the music I'm looking for?
Some artists, albums and songs are not currently available – or may be available in some countries or regions and not in others.
Why? Because all content that appears on Deezer is licensed. If something doesn’t appear, it may be because agreements with artists, labels or right holders are still underway or have not been met.
Ownership rights can also change hands. And, in the case of very old or obscure music, we may have been unable to identify the current rights holder.
Our team are constantly in talks with artists, labels and rights holders to ensure you have access to largest possible music catalogue. If you can’t find an artist or song you are looking for at the moment, check back over time and it may appear.
Request music to add to Deezer
If you’d like to request music to add to the Deezer catalogue, please visit this page.
What about mixtapes?
Many artists make mixtapes freely available online today. But for us to share them with you on Deezer we still need to license them.
Artists provide their music to us through an aggregator. We are happy to provide mixtapes on Deezer. But, if a mixtape contains material – such as music samples, audio clips, video clips, and so on – created by someone other than the artist themselves, it is up to the artist or their team to gain permission from all the individual rights holders to use the content in this way.
Note: The same licensing and ownership constraints can also apply to videos and podcasts