Jump to section:
You may at some point receive an email informing you that there has been suspicious activity on your Deezer account. These emails are sent when our monitoring system and automatic checks detect one of the following scenarios:
|A new device or location that isn't recognized by Deezer has been used to try and sign in
|Your credentials may have been compromised
|A suspicious login
|There has been an attempt to log in with the same email address
|To Secure your account
|Your credentials are the same as the credentials leaked from another site
Signs of suspicious activity
- Playlists are appearing that have not been created by you
- Tracks are appearing in your Favorites that have not been favorited by you
- There are unusual music recommendations in your Flow
- You are unable to log into your account due to an unauthorized password change
How to protect your account
If you receive an email from Deezer informing you of suspicious activity, you will need to select the Reset your password button on the email. Alternatively, you can reset your password here.
Tip: You'll need a strong password that contains at least 8 characters. It should be unique and contain a combination of numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters, and symbols. Avoid using the same email and password combinations across multiple apps and sites
Warning: If you do not receive an email to reset your password, it's possible that your email has been changed. If this happens, you should contact Deezer Support.
How your Deezer account may have been compromised
Your personal information could have been illegally acquired online, or you may have accidentally leaked your credentials on the web. The most common reasons for suspicious activity are:
- A malicious virus or keylogging software installed on your computer or device
- A phishing email sent by a malicious user
- Using the same email and password combination across multiple accounts
- Having a commonly used password. See the list here
Need more help?
If you continue to notice suspicious activity even after resetting your passwords, please contact Deezer Support for assistance.
Deezer values your feedback. Join the conversation at Deezer Community.
Want more insight to the topics explored in this article? Find out more at How to keep your Deezer account SAFE and SOUND