Why has the music stopped?
Occasionally, you may encounter an error message, informing you that your account is being listened to on another device. Here are some common reasons why the music may stop:
- Your music is already playing with your account on another device that belongs to you that you've left open
- Your music is already playing on another device, because someone is using your account on another device
Note: Deezer Family subscribers should check that all family members are using the correct profile to listen to music as this will result in an error message when two people are listening to music on the same profile.
View connected devices
If you see an error message indicating that music is being played on another device, it means Deezer is being used on more than one device or web page at the same time. Please check that you've updated your Devices with the steps below.
- Go to Settings (displayed on the top-right corner on any of your Deezer tabs)
- Go to Devices
- Click on your profile image located at the top-right corner of the page next to notifications
- Select Account Settings to access the My connected devices tab, where you can view linked devices
What to do if you don't recognize a device
If you've visited your My connected devices page and spotted a device you don't recognize, it's possible you may have left your account logged in on somebody else's device. See our article on how to protect your Deezer account.