Listen to your favorite songs and playlists on your Garmin smartwatch with Deezer.
In this article, we’ll show you how to install Deezer on your Garmin smartwatch. You can read about how to sync music to your Garmin further on. See instructions on how to use Deezer on Garmin here.
Voucher codes for the introductory offer are displayed on your Garmin – they are not sent via email. Redeem the voucher code on our special offer gift page.
Note: only paying subscribers (eg Deezer Premium) are able to use Deezer on Garmin. If you’re using Deezer Free, see how all our subscription offers compare.
- System requirements
- Install the Deezer app on your Garmin
- Connecting your Deezer account to Garmin
- Troubleshooting: issues pairing or syncing with Garmin
- Unlinking your Deezer account from Garmin
- Downloading music to your Garmin
- Troubleshooting: syncing Deezer music to Garmin
- Content limits for Deezer on Garmin
- Android: Android device running Android 4.4 (KitKat) and above, with Bluetooth 4.0 or later
- iOS: iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or above
On your Garmin, we also recommend you use the latest version of the Deezer Garmin app. Further system information can be found on Garmin’s support page.
If you are attempting to download via Garmin Express (Mac/PC), you will find the system requirements on the software page.
Install the Deezer app on your Garmin
To start with, make sure you have your smartphone and your Garmin to hand. Both will need to be charged.
If you haven’t already done so, pair your Garmin watch with your smartphone.
- Open the Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smartphone, and tap the (Android) / More (iOS) icon
- Select the Connect IQ Store – sign in (if requested) using your Garmin Connect credentials
- Search for the Deezer app. Select it and tap Download
If you need more help downloading and installing the app, or you need to install the app via USB (over Mac/PC), please see Garmin’s support article.
Connecting your Deezer account to Garmin
Once you have installed the Deezer app on your Garmin, you must connect to your Deezer account on the device. Using your smartphone and your Garmin, follow the steps below to connect your account.
Note: the steps below are for Garmin smartwatches with physical buttons. Steps vary for Garmin smartwatches that use a touchscreen.
- Open the Deezer app on your Garmin smartwatch
- On your watch you will be prompted to pick up your smartphone to continue
- Open the Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smartphone. If you have allowed pop-up notifications within Garmin Connect Mobile, there will be a pop-up message. If not, go to your smartphone’s notifications center. Follow the steps to Sign in
- Depending on whether you have an account, the login process will be as follows:
- If you are an existing Deezer user, simply enter your login details and tap Log in
- If you’re new to Deezer, tap the Register here button, and follow the steps to create your account *
* Once you’ve signed in, you’ll also be notified if you’re eligible for any special offers. If you are, you will see a voucher code displayed on your Garmin – not sent via email. Follow the steps to redeem the offer on our special offer gift page.
If you’re having trouble redeeming your offer, please double check you have entered your voucher code correctly. If you are still having issues, contact us.
Alternatively, for technical issues please contact Garmin support.
Troubleshooting: issues pairing or syncing with Garmin
If you’re having other issues pairing or syncing with Garmin, try some of these fixes:
- Make sure your Garmin is connected to a charger if its battery is low
- Turn your Garmin’s WiFi off and on. Then, try to sync again
- Reboot your Garmin and try to sync once more
Using a Deezer Family account with Garmin
At this time, only the master profile for a Deezer Family account can be linked to Garmin.
Unlinking your Deezer account from Garmin
Unlinking your Deezer account from your Garmin device will remove all music from it. If you want to unlink your Deezer account from your current Garmin, follow these steps.
- On your Garmin, go to Manage > Music Providers > Deezer
- Go to Options, and then Log Out
- Choose Yes, and your account, including all previously stored music, will be removed from the device
Downloading music to your Garmin
Download music to your Garmin for the best listening experience. Before getting started, we recommend making sure your Garmin is charged, or connected to a charger before you begin syncing content.
- On your Garmin, go to Manage > Music Providers > Deezer > My Playlists
- Select the playlists you’d like to download by scanning through your playlists and pressing START to select them
- Once you have selected all of the playlists you’d like to sync, press UP until you reach Done, then press START
- If you have Flow available, you can add it to your Garmin by pressing DOWN until you reach Flow, then set it to Sync On
- Now you’ve chosen your playlists you’re ready to sync. Press BACK until the “Ready to sync?” notification is displayed. Press Yes to begin syncing music to your Garmin
- Your chosen music will be downloaded and synced to your Garmin. It can take some time to download music. Once syncing is finished, you are all ready for your next workout
Troubleshooting: syncing Deezer music to Garmin
If your Garmin stops syncing during the transfer process, it may be because the Wi-Fi connection has been lost. In that case, check your internet connection to your Garmin.
If you get an error message telling you your device does not have enough storage space, you will need to return to remove some selections in order to free up space.
Make sure your Garmin is charged and in range of your Wi-Fi network to verify your account status at least once every 15 days.
Content limits for Deezer on Garmin
Our team has squeezed a lot of Deezer’s best features on to Garmin. But there are some limitations that may affect how you can use your Garmin.
At the moment, Deezer on Garmin can store a maximum of 500 MB, which is more than 100 songs.
If you are attempting to download a playlist with more than 150 songs, or multiple large playlists, you may encounter difficulties syncing.
At this time, it is also not possible to download MP3s from your personal music library to Deezer on Garmin.