Beat your personal best, and reach new fitness goals with Deezer and Fitbit.
In this article, we’ll show you how to install Deezer on your Fitbit smartwatch and authenticate your account. You can read about how to sync music to your Fitbit further on. See instructions on how to use the Deezer app on Fitbit here.
Note: Only paying subscribers (Premium+, Family, HiFi, Student) are able to use Deezer on Fitbit. If you’re still on Free, you can sign up here.
The compatibility requirements for Deezer on Fitbit are:
- Android: Android device running Android 4.4 (KitKat) and above
- iOS: iPhone 5 or above running iOS 10 or above
- Windows: Windows 10 device running 1607 or above
On your Fitbit, you will also need to be running the latest version of the Deezer Fitbit app.
Installing the Deezer app on your Fitbit
To start, make sure you have the official Fitbit mobile app installed on your smartphone. If you don’t yet have it, you can find out how to download it on the Fitbit website.
With the mobile app on your smartphone, logged into your Fitbit account, then follow these steps to install the Deezer Fitbit app.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the Account icon
- Choose your linked Fitbit device from the devices menu
- On the next screen, choose Media
- Tap the Deezer app. You will be taken to the app information page. Press Install to start the installation process
- The app will download and be installed on your Fitbit device – provided your Fitbit is already synced with your smartphone
Connecting your Deezer account to Fitbit
Once you have installed the Deezer app on your Fitbit, you must connect to your Deezer account on the device. Using your smartphone and your Fitbit, follow the steps below to connect your account.
- Open the Fitbit mobile app on your smartphone
- Select the Account icon in the top right part of the app, then choose your Fitbit device from the list
- Choose Media, then select Deezer. You will now be prompted to pick up your Fitbit to continue with the next step
- On your Fitbit, open the Deezer app
- You will then be shown a notification screen directing you to a webpage, with an activation code below it
- Return to your smartphone and go to fitbit.com/deezer. Then, enter the activation code, displayed on your Fitbit, in the code entry box *
- Once the activation code is accepted, the Deezer login page will appear.
- Depending on whether you have an account, the login process will be as follows:
- If you are an existing Deezer user, simply enter your login details and press Log in.
- If you’re new to Deezer, press the Sign up button, and follow the steps to create your account. You will automatically be prompted to sign up for our Premium+ subscription.
- Once you have logged in, that’s it. Your Deezer account is linked to your mobile app and Fitbit device, and is now ready to be filled with music.
* If you are having trouble pairing or syncing your device, see the section below.
Once you have linked your Deezer account with your Fitbit account, you can start adding music to your device. Remember, you must be a paying subscriber in order to use Deezer on Fitbit. If you’re not, you can sign up here, or follow the steps on your Fitbit device.
If you’re new to Deezer, you’ll also be eligible for our special Try and Buy offer.
Troubleshooting: Issues pairing or syncing with Fitbit
Please be aware that we’re currently experiencing slow sync times between Fitbit and Deezer. If you having other issues pairing or syncing with Fitbit, try some of these fixes:
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth off and on again
- Check your Bluetooth phone settings, and forget or remove any other Fitbit devices. Then, try to sync again
- If you’re still having issues, reboot your Fitbit tracker by holding the left and bottom right button until the screen turns off (about 10 seconds). Close the Fitbit mobile app. Wait a moment, then relaunch it and try to sync again
- Reboot your phone and try to sync/pair once more
If you’re still unable to pair your device, or you have trouble with your activation code, please contact Fitbit support.
Using a Deezer Family account with Fitbit
At this time, only the master profile for a Deezer Family account can be linked to Fitbit.
Unlinking your Deezer account from Fitbit
Unlinking your Deezer account from your Fitbit device will remove all music from it. If you want to unlink your Deezer account from your current Fitbit device, follow these steps.
- Open the Fitbit mobile app on your smartphone, tap the Account icon > your device image
- Go to Media > Deezer
- Press the More button [...] in the top right corner of the screen
- From the pop-menu, press Unlink Deezer Account
- Press Unlink, and your account, including all previously stored music, will be removed from the device
Downloading music to your Fitbit
Before you get started, make sure you have your smartphone and Fitbit to hand. We also recommend that your Fitbit is connected to a charger before you start syncing content.
The syncing conditions are as follows:
- Wi-Fi must be set up on your mobile and Fitbit
- Battery level has to be at 25% or more for your Fitbit device
- If you hit Force Sync Now in the mobile app, the Deezer app will start downloading immediately even when not charging
- If a download fails three times for any reason, a one-hour back-off timer is automatically activated before you can try again
When your devices are connected and charged, you can start the syncing process.
- Open the Fitbit mobile app, tap the Account icon > your device image. If your Deezer and Fitbit accounts are not yet connected you’ll need to do that first before continuing (see how to connect your accounts above)
- Tap Media > Deezer. From the Deezer page, select Add music
- A new page will appear with your music library, My Music. You will see Flow, favorite tracks, featured playlists – workout playlists curated by Deezer’s music experts – and then all your favorite playlists, from those most recently used, below.
If you’re a new subscriber, initially, you won’t have Flow available. We recommend you open your account in the Deezer mobile app, and start to favorite some songs and playlists first, then return to the Fitbit mobile app
- From the Add music page, you can swipe left to see more featured playlists. You can swipe up to see your playlists and favorite tracks. And you can see the button for Flow at the very top
- To choose a playlist you wish to sync, find the playlist and tap it. Repeat this with all the playlists you wish to add to your Fitbit
- Once you have selected all of the playlists you’d like to sync, press the X button in the top left of the screen. You are returned to the Downloaded Playlists screen: this screen displays all of the content that has already been downloaded to your Fitbit. New content that is ready to be downloaded will appear at the top of the screen under the Pending Download screen. If your device is charging and near a saved Wi-Fi network, music should then begin syncing from your smartphone to your Fitbit
- Downloading music to your Fitbit can take several minutes. If it doesn’t begin automatically or you’re in a hurry, press the More button [...] in the top right of the app, and from the pop-up menu press Force Sync Now
- Your chosen music will be downloaded and synced to your Fitbit device. Once syncing is finished, you are all ready for your next workout
Tip: it can take several minutes for songs to be downloaded and synced to your Fitbit. We recommend syncing when you leave your Fitbit to charge – say, overnight or the day before you next workout.
Removing music from your Fitbit
To start with, make sure you meet the syncing conditions (see above). Then, follow these steps to remove content from your Fitbit.
- Open the Fitbit mobile app, tap the Account icon > your device image
- Tap Media > Deezer
- You should see the Downloaded Playlists screen, which lists all of your currently downloaded playlists
- To delete content:
- Delete a single playlist: On iOS, swipe left on the playlist you want to delete. then, tap Delete. For Android, follow the steps below
- Delete multiple playlists: press the More button [...] in the top right corner, choose Edit. Then, tap the circle icon beside each of the playlists you want to delete. Finally, tap Done
Troubleshooting: syncing Deezer music to your Fitbit
If your Fitbit stops syncing during the transfer process, it may be because the Wi-Fi connection has been lost. In that case, check your internet connection to your smartphone and Fitbit. You can see more troubleshooting tips here.
If you get an error message telling you your device does not have enough storage space, you will need to return to the Fitbit mobile app, launch Deezer and deselect some playlists in order to free up space.
Make sure your Fitbit is charged and in range of your Wi-Fi network to verify your account status at least once every 15 days.
Content limits for Deezer on Fitbit
Our team has squeezed a lot of Deezer’s best features on to Fitbit. But there are some limitations that may affect how you can use your Fitbit.
At the moment, Deezer on Fitbit can store a maximum of 300 songs.
So, if you are attempting to download a playlist with more than 300 songs, or multiple large playlists, you will encounter difficulties syncing.
At this time, it is also not possible to download MP3s from your personal music library to Deezer on Fitbit.
Updated: Mar 20, 2018